SMART ELECTRICITY METERING
SMART ELECTRICITY METERING
Smart metering is crucial not only for billing purposes, but most importantly to gain actionable insight about the demand on the grid in order to be able to balance it better with supply. Smart metering begins with communication devices that collect and send data to a central management planform. Today, cellular IoT technologies such as NB-IoT and Cat-M1 allow massive smart metering systems to operate reliably and cost efficiently.
We offer cellular IoT communication devices for smart metering solutions. Modems and routers allow for Automated Meter Reading (AMR) of electricity and water meters!
You can also build infrastructure – by combining with our data concentrators, routers – to collect and send data to the central head-end-system (HES) or a database.
Our modems were specifically designed for the electricity meters of large manufacturers (Elster®, Honeywell®, Itrón®, Landis+Gyr® and EMH®). These modems are at the heart of AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) of public utility companies.
The modems connect to the meters, read the consumption data (through RS232/RS485), and send them to the data center via cellular networks, while providing remote access and monitoring features for the head-end systems. Features include transparent push data sending, pull on-demand requests, scheduled readouts, and meter data downloads, and more.
Some of our modems support the multi-meter connection, allowing to connect multiple meters to one modem. The meters are connected via RS485 and the modem sends the data from a single “master” meter. This is a cost-effective solution when implementing an automated energy metering system.
Discover our electricity metering modem product families:
- WM-E1S® modem for Elster®/ Honeywell® Alpha meters
- WM-E1SI® modem for Itron® ACE, SL meters
- WM-E1S SAPHIR® modem for SAPHIR® meters
- WM-E1SL® modem for Landis+Gyr® meters
- WM-E1 SL7000® modem for Itron® SL7000 meters
- WM-E2S® modem for Itron® ACE, SL meters
- WM-E2S PME-PMI® modem for PME-PMI® meters
- WM-E2SL® modem for Landis+Gyr® ZxG meters
- WM-E3S® modems for Elster®/ Honeywell® AS meters
- Universal / Industrial RS485 Modem – universal connectivity by our DIN-rail mountable smart modem for any electricity meter
- The modem can fit into the meter enclosure where it can be securely fastened
- Design and connectivity satisfy meter manufacturer standards
- Separated and sealed isolation from meter
- Power supply from the metrology (AC or DC power)
- Optional surge protection from 4kV up to 12kV
- Super-capacitor option can be ordered – protection against possible electricity network outages and LastGasp functionality
- RS232/RS485 (2 or 4 wire) connection
- Remote meter readout („Push” or „Pull” method)
- IEC 62056-21 protocol
- CDMA 450 / 2G / 3G / LTE 4G / LTE 450 / Narrow-Band module options
- Scheduled data sending or triggered by an alarm or SMS
- High availability
- Immediate alarm notification
- Operated from a private network with NAT, or a modem connected to the HES (Head End System)
- Public and dynamic IP SIM support using M2M Appliance Server
- Data logging and encryption
- Remote configuration and firmware upgrade (singular or mass update)
- Remote access and download of data (load profile, settings, values, event log, alarms)
- Free, downloadable configuration tools
- Operation LED signals, certifications
- Utility companies
- Residential communities