UPGRADE THE MODEMS NOT THE SMART METERS!
All around the world mobile operators are shutting down 2G/3G networks in order to give way to 5G. Companies that operate smart meters with 2G/3G connectivity must plan the migration to the latest 4G LTE network which is well-positioned to dominate smart metering communication technologies in the upcoming years. The migration from GSM to UMTS has many advantages, for example, a shorter readout time due to the high-speed network with low latency.
Utilities have two options for migration: replace the meters or upgrade the modems within their routers! The 1st option comes with a high CAPEX, while the 2nd option is a future-proof solution that reduces TCO.
This cellular modem works smoothly and is fully compatible with the Itron® SL7000, ACE6000, ACE8000 type electricity meters. The case was designed to fit under the terminal cover of the meter and is fully compliant with all Itron standards. It connects to the meter through RS232 / RS485 connectors. It can also be mounted externally on a DIN-rail.
Our cellular modems represent a future-proof migration solution to the LTE network with the same functionality, on higher data speed. Configuration and firmware updates can be done remotely, minimizing the need for costly site visits.
As part of an AMR/AMI solution, the modem provides a stable, transparent connection to the meter through which the HES can pull consumption data from the meter.
The modem can send data by CSData call (2G) also. The ideal solution for remote readout of registers and consumption data of the connected electricity meters, and for the download of load profile.
The modem is fully configurable by our powerful and easy-to-use WM-E Term® software.
- Supporting the 2G, 3G, 4G LTE Cat.1, Cat.M, Cat.NB networks – module options with „fallback” feature
- It can be assembled into the meter’s enclosure and fastened securely (sealed and separated from meter)
- Design & connectivity meets with meter standards
- Compatibility with the Itron® ACE6000, ACE8000 and SL7000 (3W) electricity meters
- DC power supply from the metrology
- RS232/RS485 transparent data connection (RJ45)
- „Pull” data sending (for HES request), CSData call
- Immediate alarm- and SMS notification
- Remote & safe firmware updates
- Downloadable WM-E Term® configuration tool
- Supercapacitor option (against power outages)
- Utility companies
- Meter data transmission to HES
- Smart metering
- Industrial measurement